Itching is a skin condition mainly caused due to impure blood. It may either affect the entire body, or a particular part of the body. It is a highly contagious condition, and can spread through various sources, mainly through scratching.
A prolonged disease or toxic matter in the body may result into impure blood, which eventually may result into skin infection and itching. Itching may also be caused due to dryness, insect bite or sting.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes, allow some inflow and outflow of air. Areas that remain damp and moist for a longer period of time are more susceptible to fungal infections, which may cause itching.
- Ensure that you change your undergarments every day, and wear washed and clean garments.
- Avoid scratching the affected areas, especially with nails. There are chances of infection to spread to other areas through nails. Keep a cloth and rub lightly if the itching is bothering you too much.
- Take three parts of baking soda and one part water. Make a paste and apply it on the affected area to get relief from itching. Or take one cup of baking soda and add it in a bucket of warm water. Soak the affected area for 30-40 minutes. Let it air dry once you are done. Baking soda can fight all kinds of itches, and reacts quite rapidly.
- Milk is a great home remedy for itching. Take a bowl of milk, and add either baking soda or oatmeal in it. Apply it on the affected area or take a bath with this mixture. You will surely notice a difference within few days.
- Take few drops of lemon juice, and apply it on the itchy skin. The anti-inflammatory properties of lemon will help to cure your condition.
- Take few basil leaves or mint leaves and squeeze out the juice. These are natural coolants, and their medicinal value helps to cure the itchiness due to infected skin.
- Apply the extract from aloe vera leaf on the affected skin. It soothes the skin and provides relief from the inflammation.
- One of the tried and tested formulae for itching is applying the paste of honey and cinnamon powder.
- Add a cup of white vinegar in the bucket water, and soak the affected area for 5-10 minutes. It will surely get you some respite from the itching sensation.
- Massage the affected skin area with a mixture of coconut oil and lime juice. It will save your skin from further damage.
- If possible, follow a salt-free diet while you are suffering from itchy skin. It will surely benefit you.
- Apply cod-liver oil or Vitamin E oil if the itchiness is due to dry skin. Both the oils tend to nourish your skin and smoothen it.
- Paste made out of neem leaves is highly valuable for all types of skin problem. You can either apply paste of neem on the skin area that is problematic, or you can boil few neem leaves and take bath with the water. Its high medicinal value works wonders for itchy skin.