Rated as one of the most common disease, malaria is caused by protozoan parasites. The anopheles mosquito carrying the parasite bites a person, and this is how it enters the body. Once they enter the human body, they multiply and spread, which may cause fever accompanied by shivers and severe headache.
People with a weak immune system and those living in unhealthy environment usually suffer from malaria.
- Applying cold packs on forehead when you are suffering from fever during malaria will help to bring down the body temperature to normal.
- Another effective remedy to treat fever is: roast alum and convert it in powder. Taking one teaspoon of the powder will control your body temperature, bringing back to normal.
- Take a glass of water and add some black pepper, cinnamon powder and honey to it. Bring it to boil. Drink the mixture after it cools down. The concoction is highly beneficial for people suffering from malaria.
- Tulsi or basil leaves too can work wonders for fever during malaria. Either chew them raw, or boil them in water and drink the water. Its medicinal properties show immediate results.
- Orange juice and water diet are the best ways to recover rapidly from malaria. In fact, if you do not like eating food, you can be on orange juice the whole day. Orange juice and water keep you hydrated.
- If you are feeling weak due to fever, fenugreek seeds are the best as natural home remedy. They help to boost your immune system, fight the parasites, and recover from malaria. Increase the consumption of fenugreek seeds if you are suffering from malaria.
- Grapes are a sure shot cure for the symptoms of malaria. Eat lots of grapes or drink grape juice for the first three days to curb the effects of malaria.
- Lime and lemon are trusted home remedies for fever as well as malaria. Take a glass of water and mix lime juice and lemon juice in it. Take it at regular intervals, especially when you are feeling feverish.
- Avoid oily, spicy and junk food if you are suffering from make the situation worse.
- In crease the consumption of fruits. Eating fruits like guava, apple and banana helps in speedy recovery of patients of malaria.
- Drinking herbal tea boiled with tamarind reduces the symptoms of malaria like fever and headache.
- Boil some water in a container and add a piece of ginger and some raisins in it. Boil till the water level become half. Let it cool down and drink it at regular intervals.