When the pressure of the circulating blood goes down below normal i.e. 120/80, a person is said to suffer from low blood pressure or hypo-tension. When the blood pressure is low, it may lack proper circulation, and hence is unable to provide enough oxygen to body’s vital organs such as brain, kidney, heart etc. As a result, you may feel dizzy and weak. Medically, there is no cure for blood pressure, and you may become dependent on medicine all your life. However, practising simple home remedies on regular basis will help to keep your blood pressure in control.
You may try these home remedies to treat your low blood pressure. However, first you need to find out the reason behind it to make the remedy more effective.
- If you consume alcohol, it may not be good for your blood pressure as alcohol tends to dehydrate, and eventually may lower your blood pressure.
- Instead, drink a lot of water. It will keep you hydrated. It also fights dehydration, and increase the blood volume, thereby keeping your blood pressure in the normal range.
- Have a balanced and nutritional diet. Include lot of fruits and vegetables in your diet that are rich in Vitamin B-complex, Vitamin C and proteins
- Changing positions suddenly may make you feel dizzy. If you are lying down, go slow when you get up. Sit for few minutes on the bed, and then stand up or vice-versa.
- Eating too much at a time may result in steep decrease in blood pressure. To avoid that, take small meals at frequent intervals.
- Limit your intake on foods that are rich in carbohydrates i.e. potatoes, rice, bread, pasta etc.
- Drinking juice of beet root or carrots twice a day is one of the effective home remedies to treat low blood pressure.
- Take a glass of water, and add a pinch of salt in it. Drink it twice a day to treat low blood pressure.
- Light exercises, yoga, walking, swimming and cycling are highly recommended to regulate your blood pressure on daily basis.
- All kind of stress should be avoided. Refrain from working till late nights, and avoid negative thinking and unnecessary worry.
- Laughter is the best medicine they say, and for people suffering from low blood pressure, surely it is. Join a laughter’s club in the morning. Laughing out loud first thing in the morning helps to regain your normal blood pressure.
- If you are suffering from dizziness, try this home remedy with instant effects. Mix two table-spoon of honey in a glass of water, and add a pinch of salt to it.
- Taking almond milk first thing in the morning has proven beneficial for low blood pressure.
- Pomegranate has proved to a great remedy for low blood pressure. Eat it as a fruit, and crush it and have its juice, both are highly effective.
- Eating uncooked/raw cottage cheese (paneer) is also a great home remedy.
- Drinking dark coffee gives instant relief to the condition. However, check with your doctor before trying this remedy as drinks with caffeine can raise many other problems.