Rubella is a viral infection that spreads through air or contact with infected person. The infection, also known as three day measles or German measles is common in children. The disease is marked by rashes on the skin, cold, fever, dry cough, and watery eyes. Rubella is generally accompanied by diarrhoea, and can also lead to complications like pneumonia, bronchitis and abscesses in the ears.
Here are some home remedies to boost your immune system. It will provide relief from the discomfort caused by rubella or German measles
- People suffering from rubella experience intense hunger and thirst. Orange juice is an excellent option for quenching thirst and hunger pangs.
- Drinking lemon juice is an excellent remedy for German measles. Add 15 to 25 ml lemon juice in a glass of water and drink the juice, sip by sip.
- Grind sun dried turmeric roots into a fine powder. Mix half teaspoon of this powder to a few drops of honey and some bitter gourd juice. Take this once, daily; it is very effective in curing German measles.
- Rubella is accompanied by dry cough, which causes discomfort. Take a teaspoon of licorice powder and mix it with an equal quantity of honey and take this as a medicine. It cures dry cough.
- Another effective remedy for cough caused due to rubella is drinking barley water flavoured with fresh, sweet olive oil. Sip this barley water at regular intervals to cure cough and soothe the throat.
- Eggplant seeds act as stimulants. Take 1.5 gm eggplant seeds for up to 3 days, it can protect you against contracting German measles for a year.
- Rubella is a contagious disease that is airborne and can also spread by contact. It is very essential to maintain hygiene so that the disease does not spread. The person suffering from German measles should be quarantined and kept in a well ventilated, clean place. The person attending the patient should follow the eggplant remedy and maintain optimum hygiene so that s/he does not contract the disease.
- If the rash is extremely itchy, apply a soothing calamine lotion.
- Follow a fruit and fruit juice diet, initially, and later start taking a balanced and nutritious diet.
- Add neem leaves to your bath water; this will help you to get rid of skin rashes and infections.
- Removal of toxins from the body can provide faster relief from the disease. Administering enema and applying mud packs on the abdomen, twice daily, help to detoxify and cure German measles.