When the body temperature rises above the normal, a person may suffer from heat stroke. Imbalance in metabolic activities in unable to maintain the body temperature naturally (which is usually maintained through sweating), and thus may cause the body temperature to rise. It is highly important to take immediate steps to treat heat stroke, or the condition may prove to be fatal.
People who stay in areas with high temperature and scorching heat often suffer from heat stroke.
- If you have plans to go out in the heat, try to drink lots of water, and keep yourself hydrated. If possible carry a bottle of water.
- While travelling on a sunny afternoon, keep a bottle of lemon juice with you, and add extra sugar and salt in it. The juice helps you to re-energise, and helps to replace the salt which you may have lost through sweating. It is a great home remedy to get quick relief from heat stroke.
- Heat and excessive sweating may lead to loss of minerals from your body. Hence, it is necessary for you to supply extra minerals, especially during summers. So, vegetable soup is a perfect option as it meets your demand.
- ‘Aam panna’ or mango extract is highly recommended during summer as it is a good way to prevent heat stroke. Boil raw mango, and extract the pulp. Add jaggery, cumin seeds, coriander and pepper to the pulp. Add some water to the pulp, and drink it as juice.
- Take a hard mango, and roast it in the coal ash. Once the mango is roasted, remove the pulp of the mango, and add some sugar in it.
- Drink aloe vera juice to reduce severe symptoms of heat stroke.
- Drink a glassful of buttermilk after adding a pinch of salt. It is an effective treatment for heat stroke.
- Take some fennel seeds (variyali) and few rose petals, and grind them together. Take this paste in a glass of water, add some sugar and salt to taste, and mix it with water. Drinking this twice a day will keep the troubles related to heat stroke at bay.
- If the heat stroke is severe, and if the above mentioned remedies do not show effective results, you may have to immerse your body in chilled (if possible ice water). Or take a bath with cold water. Ensure that a family member is around, in case the situation deteriorates.
- If you are suffering from fever due to heat stroke, your remedy lies in tamarind (imli). Boil a lump of tamarind in water, and strain it. Add sugar to the mixture, and make it according to your taste. Drink it several times in a day to recover from the fever caused by heat stroke.
- If you are feeling dizzy and dull after wandering out on a hot summer afternoon, you need to refresh yourself with amla juice. Besides being the richest source of Vitamin C, it is an effective anti-oxidant.
- Raspberry tea and peppermint tea are natural coolants. Drink it when you have a heat stroke to keep your body cool and hydrated.