The most common medical complaint, and the most common reason for taking a day off from work in the United States, is headache. Headaches are of three different kinds – those happening due to tension, migraine and the third one is classified as cluster headache.
Headache due to tension is the most common, while the other two have definite symptoms and reasons.
Mentioned below are home remedies for quick relief from headaches.
- If you are suffering from chronic headaches, take an apple, peel it and chop it. Sprinkle a pinch of salt on top of it, and eat it in the morning. Repeat it on daily basis, and notice the difference in the frequency of your headache; it will decrease after a time.
- Take 4-5 cloves, cinnamon and almond. Grind them together to make a paste. Apply it on the forehead whenever you have a headache. You can even massage your head with rosemary oil.
- If the headache is due to cough, cold or sinusitis, taking herbal tea will bring some respite to headache. Take few tulsi leaves, peppercorns, and ginger. Boil it together for sometime, and drink it at regular intervals.
- Massage your head with almond oil, sesame oil or mustard oil to get quick relief from headache.
- Take one tablespoon of milk, and mix it with some ginger juice or ginger powder. Put two drops in each nostril twice a day.
- Take one teaspoon of almond oil and heat it. Put two drops of the oil in each nostril after it cools down. It is an effective home remedy for headache.
- Avoid fried, spicy and sour food. Refrain from eating yoghurt especially at night.
- Stay away from bright lights, loud music, and crowdy and noisy places.
- Avoid intake of alcohol. An overdose of alcohol, hangovers and lack of sleep are common reasons for causing headache.
- Avoid stress and tension.
- If your headache does not go even after repeated home remedies, get your eye sight checked. It is a very common cause for headache.
- Rub the affected area with a little pressure for few minutes. Or pull your hair in the affected area.
- If you have a headache by exposing yourself to heat, lemon’s is a tried and tested therapy. Crush lemon along with its rind to form paste. Apply it on your forehead, as it is very beneficial and instantly cures your headache.
- One more effective home remedy if you are suffering from headache due to heat. Take few flowers of henna, dip them into vinegar, and apply it on the forehead.
- Use essential oils – peppermint, lavender, sandalwood or eucalyptus. Apply it directly on the forehead, put few drops in your bathing water, or on your pillow while going off to sleep; this will surely work.