- Today, diabetes is one of the most common diseases in the world. There are about 250 million diabetics in the world. And you will be surprised to know that India is world’s diabetes capital. According to the International Diabetes Federation, the number of diabetic patients in India has increased by more than double in the last 10 years.
- In India, around 11% of the urban population and 3% of rural population above the age of 15 years suffers from diabetes. Out of which, around 95% of the diabetics suffer from Type 2 diabetes.
- Type 1 diabetes, too, is growing by 3% every year, which is usually diagnosed among children and adolescents. It is estimated that around 70,000 children, mostly under the age of 15 years, are diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes every year.
- So, globally there are about 4,40,000 children suffering from Type 1 diabetes. Out of these, more than a quarter live in South-East Asia.
- Known as a ‘silent killer diseases’, diabetes is mainly caused due to sedentary lifestyle. Proper diet and regular exercise can reduce the risk of diabetes by 50%.
HEALTH AND YOU
Testicles of a man produces 10 million new sperms each day. This number is enough to repopulate the entire planet in just six months!!