It is said that the way to a woman’s heart is through her eyes. A lot of importance is given to the eyes when it comes to defining a woman’s beauty. However, dark circles can make the eyes look dull and lifeless. Using concealers can definitely hide the dark circles but it is important to uproot the problem rather than conceal it.
Dr. Health lists a few very effective remedies to help you get rid of your dark circles
- Gently massage around your eyes with almond oil. Make sure you do not touch your eyes while massaging. This remedy also helps to aid blood circulation around the eyes and gradually lightens the dark circles.
- Sleep deprivation or lack of sleep is one of the prime reasons for the cause of dark circles and various other health issues. Set a regular sleep routine and follow it religiously. One must take at least 6 – 8 hours of sleep, everyday.
- Cut out two thin slices of a cucumber, and place them on your eyes. Cucumber soaks in the heat, reduce under eye puffiness, and help in lightening dark circles. Instead of cucumber slices you can also use cotton pads dipped in cucumber juice. Lie down and rest with these slices of cotton pads on for 15 minutes; this not only works on the dark patches of skin but also makes you feel relaxed.
- Peel and grind two almonds soaked overnight. Add a few drops of lime juice to this and apply for approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Follow this routine regularly. You will start noticing the difference in about 2 weeks.
- Take a spoonful of tomato pulp and add a pinch of turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon lime juice and one spoon gram flour to it. Mix well to form a paste. Gently apply on the darkened skin, making sure that the paste does not touch the eyes. Leave it for 30 minutes. Remove gently with a moist cotton pad.
- Tea bags can be of great use when it comes to curing dark circles. Close your eyes and place cool used tea bags over them. Caffeine content in tea helps to reduces under eye puffiness and its antioxidant properties help to reduce dark circles.
- Exposure to sunlight can cause dark circles; whenever you have to go out in the sun, make sure you wear sunglasses.
- Crush a handful of mint leaves to form a paste. Apply this under and around the eyes to reduce dark circles.
- Add milk to a teaspoonful of nutmeg powder to prepare a paste like consistency. Applying this paste helps to lighten the dark circles.
- Mix equal quantities of potato juice and cucumber juice. Soak cotton pads in this mixture, and place them on your eyes for around 20 minutes. Wash with cold water.
- Make sure you eat foods rich in Vitamin A and E. Also, include a lot of green leafy vegetables in your diet.