Epilepsy or convulsion is usually a condition caused by abnormal electrical activities in the brain, which may eventually cause seizures. Convulsions that have developed after suffering from measles and mumps are of more serious kinds, and depict complications of central nervous system.
If you suffer an epilepsy attack for the first time, do not ignore it. Visit your doctor, and seek medical advice. However, if you are an epileptic patient, here are few home remedies that can be performed on regular basis to treat the condition. These are tried and tested formulae, and are considered highly effective.
- A healthy diet, suitable exercises and relaxation are the prime necessities for a person who suffers from epilepsy or convulsions.
- Take half a cup of ash gourd juice and add a little sugar in it. Have it twice a day. It is proved to be beneficial for epileptic patients.
- Take half a cup of milk, and mix it with half a cup of water. Crush 3-4 cloves of garlic and add it in the boiling mixture of water and milk. Boil it till the mixture become nearly half of the original quantity. Strain the mixture and drink it.
- For epileptic patients, it is both – important and beneficial to keep the bowels smooth and clean. Hence, try to take food that is rich in fibre. Take triphala powder before going to bed will also aid in smooth bowel system.
- Chew few leave of ‘brahmi’, followed by a cup of milk. It is one of the effective remedies for epilepsy.
- Epileptic patients should avoid oily and spicy food. And avoid taking unnecessary stress and tension.
- Consumption of cow’s ghee too, is considered to be an effective remedy for those of you who are suffering for epilepsy, and have frequent convulsions.
- Applying mud pack on abdomen will help to remove the toxins from the body, and can be a great home remedy for epilepsy.
- Apply hot and cold soaks alternately at the base of your head. Meanwhile, soak your feet in a bucket of warm water. Repeat this act 3-4 times in a day.
- For the first few days of the diagnosis of epilepsy, try to take exclusive fruit diet. Gradually you can include food items like sprouts, raw goat milk and raw butter. Take frequent small meals then few large meals.
- Combination of excessive intake of alcohol and smoking may lead to seizures. Hence, avoid that.
- Rubbing tulsi juice on the entire body every day after bath is very good for epileptic patients.
- If the patient of epilepsy becomes unconscious, take few leaves of tulsi, add salt to it. Squeeze the leaves to get tulsi juice. Put few drops into the patient’s nostrils. This will help the patient to regain consciousness immediately.
- Include food items that are rich in vitamin B6 and magnesium as they help to reduce the symptoms to epilepsy.