- A viral disease, spread by mosquitoes
- Chikungunya symptoms are – mainly fever and severe joint pain. Others may include muscle pain, nausea, and rash.
- Chikungunya symptoms are quite similar to dengue symptoms and there is a possibility of it being misdiagnosed in areas where dengue is common.
- There is no particular cure for the disease
- It is the symptoms of the disease that are treated
- Chikungunya is prevelant in Africa, Asia and Indian subcontinent
This disease has nothing to do with ‘chicken’; the misconception is mainly due to the close resemblance between the words ‘chikun’ and ‘chicken’.