In simple words, cervical spondylosis is caused when bony changes in the cervical spine causes spinal cord compression, hence leading to severe neck pain. Now, medically speaking, cervical spondylosis is caused when there is chronic degeneration of the cervical spine, the cushions between the neck vertebrae and joints between the bones of the cervical spine. Commonly known as neck pain, it is one of the common ageing problems.
Home remedies and treatment for Cervical Spondylosis:
- Cervical Spondylosis or severe neck pain is beyond repair. However, it’s better if it is diagnosed at an early stage, so that the severity can be reduced by a combination of treatments such as exercise, physiotherapy, yoga, medication and surgery.
- Regular exercises for the neck, shoulder, back and arms relieves the pain and tension in the muscles.
- Physiotherapy and practising simple body stretches relieves spasm and pain.
- Hot fomentation
- Increased calcium intake and vitamin B supplements.
- Increased milk consumption.
- Acupressure works wonders for people who suffer from severe pain due to spondylosis.
- Wearing a cervical collar (to support the neck).
- Traction for neck can be given to curb the stiffness of neck.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects.
If these remedies are followed on a regular basis, they minimises the risk of complications and further damage to the spine.